Do you know what a football position planning board is? How important it is?
If you don't read and understand this page your football scholarship chances stand a good chance of going down the tube. This is one of the top reasons for our 98% success rate (as of Jan 2017).
Every football coach has a position planning board (PPB) and we will help you understand why it is so important to you. We will use football for our sample.
Since football coaches have a limit number of football scholarships and a lot of prospective football recruits they must keep track of how many will be available to give out year by year as noted in the first table below. i.e. We know that next year (juniors now) we need to fill 14 spots.
Here are some facts;
1) A football coach will never make this public nor tell you where you stand on his PPB or even if you get bumped off. However, the football coach may try to get you as a walk on. Why not, free players.
2) You must try to get on as many football PPB's as possible. Why? Just because a football coach contacts you doesn't mean you will get a football scholarship. Just because you get invited to a football camp doesn't mean you will get a football scholarship.
Wake up!!! I have talked to countless number of parents and athletes that thought they were going to get recruited for a football scholarship and didn't. Why? They thought it was for sure and quit trying to reach out to other schools. Great tactics for the football college coach. They succeeded from isolating you just in case they was to pick you up and keeping you from their competition.
Question, would you rather be like the person above or like Mike Oher in the movie "Blind Side" where you have several coaches trying to win you over? I know, we all would like to Mike's position. So ask yourself, Do I want to gamble on the chance of my lifetime and only get in front of a few football college coaches or hundred to thousands?
The new plan. get on as many PPB's as possible to increase your football odds since you will never get a football scholarship from someone who doesn't know you exist.
How, unlike other recruiting services trying to push you to schools that already have positions filled then it is huge waste of your money and time. eScout4u will get you noticed by more football college coaches than any other recruiting service and prove it where others can't.
Remember, if you can’t make it on a coaches position planning board (PPB read more click here) then what you end up with is “a football look”, nothing more.
Forward this email to one of your teammates.
Think like a football college coach™ topic! What would you do?
If you were a football coach you would look at every athlete that approached you by any means. You would pick and choose but you look because you never know who the next greatest is. Plus your job security requires you to be a winning football coach.
Athletes, cover all your bases, athletically and academically. Parents, you can be a big help now.
If you disagree or have other facts then email us. Thanks
Action needed on your part
Just as your success came by learning every aspect of your sport, it is equally important you learn about the recruiting process to be successful! read more...
Back to articles.
More scholarship recruiting info:
- For NCAA, NAIA or NJCAA eligibility requirements and registration links click here.
- eScout4u has helped thousands of athletes.
- We have a 93% success rate. Click here, to see how others got their scholarships.
- Since 1979. Our innovative technology is poured into getting you noticed by college coaches.
- Create your free account and get started today!
- Avoid mistakes, learn what not to do in this College Scholarship Recruiting Guide, click here.
- Click here to open a athletic scholarship and recruiting guide (applies to all sports even though it is talks football) where we cover in depth; recruiting services, distribution, timing, numbers game, follow-up, the interview with a college football coach, summary and close.
eScout4u is an Evolution program Copyright © 2008 -2017 Evolution Inc. All Rights Reserved