NCAA and NAIA College Wrestling Recruiting Process
To get recruited and find a wrestling scholarship your best chances are to connect with those that supply high school sports recruiting services. It is rare for a college coach to send a wrestling recruiter to your highschool to check out your athletic abilities. College wrestling recruiters get most of their recruits from wrestling recruiting services like us. So the simple answer to "how to get recruited for wrestling" so you have the chance to follow your dreams of playing wrestling in college is to be proactive and get your parents involved in hs wrestling recruiting as well.
With so many recruit prospects, college coaches must use position planning boards and why the more you know about the wrestling recruiting process the better your scholarship odds will be.
Know the scholarship facts about wrestling recruiting and what goes on in the wrestling recruiting process and how to work it into your plan will move you ahead dramatically. Talented athletes who fail here usually end their career on their last high school wrestling game.
Why some great athletes never get a D1, D2 or NAIA athletic scholarship
1. Athlete didn't start their recruiting process early enough. As an underclassman most don't even thinks about a scholarship or don't think they are good enough. Coaches understand that you will get better every year. You need to understand your need to build relationships early with as many coaches as possible.
2. Parents are not involved. If they are not on board then work hard on your relationship to get their help.
3. Grades. If they would have started the scholarship recruiting process early they would have learned what it takes academically and adjusted along the way.
4. Not proactive. Many athletes and parents are told college coaches will find you. Well how many of the hundreds wrestling coaches come to your school. When is the last time you shook hands with a college coach at your game? If you want to go somewhere then do something to help yourself.
5. Not sure you are good enough? A. Bottom line is it is the coach that makes the decision, not your friend, high school coach, parents, nor anyone else. B. There are over hundreded of college wrestling coaches, get them to notice you and you will have a chance.
Where and how to Start the wrestling Recruiting Process
Note that coaches are restricted from contacting athletes until their junior year of high school. This does not stop athletes that want a scholarship and willing to work for it.
A workaround to the restriction and the most successful method is to be proactive in the recruiting process, contacting coaches on their own, attending combines and camps, and creating an profile(s) on the web.
Below is the information that all coaches will be looking at before they even consider recruiting an athlete.
Coaches want to see how an athlete performs
Don't wait for a college coach to show up at a game to watch you. One chances are they don't know you exist and two, do you think that is the most efficient use of the coaches time?
Again, be proactive. Every recruit, including you, must have a highlight video so a coach can make a quick evaluation and they may ask for a full-game film.
You need something to send to coaches, an Athletic Resume
This should include all of the above plus your contact information, academic information and what ever lets the coach know more about you. . It is easy to do, after all it's about you.
Times have changed, the vast majority of coaches begin their recruiting process online, after all it is efficient. So get on line and get it done. All you need to do is click on the "Increase your scholarship odd!" button, create an account for your recruiting profile for free. Add all your information online including list your upcoming games and camps where they can watch you. Keep it current as things change.
Once you have an your recruiting profile account we will show you how easy it is to be proactive and get noticed by thousands of wrestling coaches.
Not all sports recruiting services are alike so compare before you spend your hard earned money. Bottom line, if you want to get recruited for a wrestling scholarship you must get noticed by college coaches and it is logical that a recruiting service like eScout4u, who can get your wrestling profile in front of college wrestling coaches, is the best recruiting service choice for you future.
Increase you recruiting odds of getting a wrestling scholarship
Click here for a further analysis of improving your odds of receiving a wrestling Scholarships:
Wrestling Recruit possibilities are within the NCAA guidelines, but don't forget NAIA guidelines and NJCAA guidelines.
Author: Don Sprowl