What is a football position planning board?
College coaches do position planning with the use of a position board. If you have ever watched the NFL draft closely when the camera moves to a shot where the team is planning, you will get a glimpse of the position board. Position boards are maintained well into the future because of unforeseen player events. see sample
Below are examples of basic Position Planning Boards(PPB), by sport:
Each team keeps a list of possible players for each position. Within each position they will float players up, down or totally off the position board depending on the talent they find and if that talent fits their profile.
The position board could easily have 10 or more prospects in each position and 3 deep for the roster. If you think about it, each team needs to move to the next prospect in case something happens to number one, two or three. An athlete may sign with someone else or get injured.
You need to get on as many position boards as possible! Waiting for them to contact you is not the best method. We will show you how to market yourself.
Sports are a business!
Tickets, merchandise sales and alumni are what fund sports programs. Winning teams produce more revenue in each of these categories than losing teams. It is just as evident in colleges as it is in the NFL. To put points on the board coaches must be able to pick what they believe are the best players to fill their current position needs.
Even if college recruiters come to visit you at your school, or an alumnus gets you an official visit, don’t think for a minute it means you will get a scholarship offer.
Just like the colleges you must think of this whole process as a business.
You must do recruiting planning just as teams do position planning. Get as many schools as possible interested in you, weigh all factors, have a back up plan then make your decision. You deserve the best scholarship you can get that offers you the best opportunity to play your sport at the collegiate level.
Earn a chance for prizes worth up to $2,200. on each of our eScout4u opinion sweepstakes pages. All Pages where you can vote are here.
Share your comments / opinions, make a difference helping others.
You will have a chance to win in our sweepstakes to earn rewards!
When it comes to athletic scholarship recruiting, eScout4u cares about your opinions. So much we are willing to pay. It's easy just click one of the buttons below it will launch your email then add a meaningful comment.
Each time you do it will increase your chance. Rules are here.
More scholarship recruiting info:
- For NCAA, NAIA or NJCAA eligibility requirements and registration links click here.
- eScout4u has helped thousands of athletes.
- eScout4u has a 93+% success rate. Click here, to see how others got their scholarships.
- Since 1979. Our innovative technology is poured into getting you noticed by college coaches.
- Create your free eScout4u account and get started today!
- Avoid mistakes, learn what not to do in this College Scholarship Recruiting Guide, click here.
- Click here to open a athletic scholarship and recruiting guide (applies to all sports even though it is talks football) where we cover in depth; recruiting services, distribution, timing, numbers game, follow-up, the interview with a college football coach, summary and close.
eScout4u is an Evolution program Copyright © 2008-2017 Evolution Inc. All Rights Reserved