What tests do I need to take?
The SAT (Standard Aptitude Test) and the ACT (which used to stand for American College Test. But now refers to the name of the ACT Test). Both are college entrance tests. Some schools require the SAT test, others the ACT test, but most schools will accept both.
It doesn’t matter what division in the NCAA you are going to play in, or if you are looking to play in the NAIA, the student-athlete will need to perform well on these tests. NCAA Eligibility Center uses a sliding scale for their D1 and D2 divisions to determine if your SAT score is 400 (combined reading and math) and you have a 3.555 grade point average.
NAIA looks at your grade point average (GPA), your rank in your high school class and either or both the ACT and SAT. The NAIA requires student-athletes to match 2 out these three categories. You must carry a 2.0 GPA out of a 4.0 scale, rank in the top 50% of your high school, receive at 18 or above on the ACT (enhanced version) and/or score above an 860 on the reading/writing parts of the SAT.
International student-athletes that are from a non-English speaking country are required to take the TOEFL exam, which determines an individual’s skill set to read and write in English.
Earn a chance for prizes worth up to $2,200. on each of our eScout4u opinion sweepstakes pages. All Pages where you can vote are here.
Share your comments / opinions, make a difference helping others.
You will have a chance to win in our sweepstakes to earn rewards!
When it comes to athletic scholarship recruiting, eScout4u cares about your opinions. So much we are willing to pay. It's easy just click one of the buttons below it will launch your email then add a meaningful comment.
Each time you do it will increase your chance. Rules are here.
More scholarship recruiting info:
- For NCAA, NAIA or NJCAA eligibility requirements and registration links click here.
- eScout4u has helped thousands of athletes.
- eScout4u has a 93+% success rate. Click here, to see how others got their scholarships.
- Since 1979. Our innovative technology is poured into getting you noticed by college coaches.
- Create your free eScout4u account and get started today!
- Avoid mistakes, learn what not to do in this College Scholarship Recruiting Guide, click here.
- Click here to open a athletic scholarship and recruiting guide (applies to all sports even though it is talks football) where we cover in depth; recruiting services, distribution, timing, numbers game, follow-up, the interview with a college football coach, summary and close.
eScout4u is an Evolution program Copyright © 2008-2021 Evolution Inc. All Rights Reserved