Who loses, who wins basketball scholarships
Best to know the difference now when you have a chance to change the outcome.
Those who don't have parents involvement are more likely not to get a basketball scholarship.
Parents are usually more proactive than athletes because they know if you want something in life you have to reach for it.
Athletes on the other hand haven't gained that experience yet. Yes athletes know how to win in basketball, but recruiting is a different game, new tactics, new opponent and you don't get to practice before the game. Thus the basketball recruiting success rate is very low.
Don't believe this? Look at how many before your class year got a D1 or D2 basketball scholarship. Ask your coach how many D1 or D2 college basketball coaches inquired about any athlete, in basketball in your school and who it was.
From our experience after talking to countless parents and athletes the losers are those who thought they were suppose to wait to be discovered by a basketball coach.
Getting recruited for a basketball scholarship is, in a sense, like getting a job or being on "American Idol" or "The Voice". If you want it you have to go for it, be proactive.
Proactive (definition) - a person creating or controlling a situation by causing something to happen rather than responding to it after it has happened. "be proactive in identifying and preventing potential problems". Synonyms: enterprising, take-charge, energetic, driven, bold, dynamic, motivated, go-ahead.
Proactive people usually win, go figure.
Think like a basketball college coach™ topic! What would you do?
If you were a basketball coach you know who wins and loses for just the athletes that you evaluated. But you know if more athletes were proactive you would have a larger pool of athletes to pull from.
Athletes, cover all your bases, athletically and academically. Parents, you can be a big help now.
Again, print, share and discuss between parents and athlete! Use the information to plan your basketball recruiting strategy.
If you disagree or have other facts then email us. Thanks
Action needed on your part
Just as your success came by learning every aspect of your sport, it is equally important you learn about the recruiting process to be successful! read more...
Back to articles.
More scholarship recruiting info:
- For NCAA, NAIA or NJCAA eligibility requirements and registration links click here.
- eScout4u has helped thousands of athletes.
- We have a 93% success rate. Click here, to see how others got their scholarships.
- Since 1979. Our innovative technology is poured into getting you noticed by college coaches.
- Create your free account and get started today!
- Avoid mistakes, learn what not to do in this College Scholarship Recruiting Guide, click here.
- Click here to open a athletic scholarship and recruiting guide (applies to all sports even though it is talks football) where we cover in depth; recruiting services, distribution, timing, numbers game, follow-up, the interview with a college football coach, summary and close.
eScout4u is an Evolution program Copyright © 2008 -2017 Evolution Inc. All Rights Reserved